On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Gerard Seibert wrote:

Chris Hill wrote:

I installed net/isc-dhcp3-server from ports, [...] I would like for it to start automatically on boot, with no manual intervention. Any thoughts on how to do this?

[snip]

Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pxe/server-config.html

Don't think so. I'm not looking to have anything netboot, just to allow transient Windows laptops (and other gizmos) to get Internet access.

Thanks for the pointer, though. I should have mentioned that I read the Friendly Manual pretty thoroughly before posting, and everything I could find indicated that what I've done is sufficient. Specifically, http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-dhcp.html ...section 25.5.7

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]