Chris Hill wrote:
I installed net/isc-dhcp3-server from ports, butI can't seem to persuade it to start when the machine boots. After boot I can do a
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/isc-dhcpd.sh start
...and the daemon runs and works, but I would like for it to start
automatically on boot, with no manual intervention. Any thoughts on how to do this?

In /etc/rc.conf I have
dhcpd_enable="YES"      # Run the DHCP daemon...
dhcpd_ifaces="rl1"      # ...on this interface...
dhcpd_flags="-q"        # ...in quiet mode.

Remove -q, this has only effect on startup that it won't display any messages - and that may just be why you don't see the error message you need to solve the problem.

Also, no need to specify interfaces, dhcpd will bind to the interfaces that match the network declarations in the config file.

Cheers, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt