In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On Sunday,  5 January 2003 at 20:53:41 -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
: > It has come to my attention that an unknown party has been sending messages
: > to several of the FreeBSD mailing lists from the address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
: > The messages are not mine; they're being sent from a bogus account on a
: > Webmail service known as FastMail. An abuse report has been filed with
: > that service. Until the account is disabled, kindly ignore all mail from
: > that address.
:
: *sigh* Brett, this is off-topic.  We've repeatedly asked you in the
: last few days not to send off-topic mail.  Please don't do it again.
:
: Yes, we realize that the mail is forged.  You're not exactly the only
: one who's had his name abused in this manner, and we're doing what we
: can to bring the perpetrator(s) to justice.

Actually, it isn't that off topic.  The forgery was a good one, so one
disclaimer is warranted.  Multiple ones aren't, of course, but a one
shot isn't that bad.

Warner