Track'em and prosecute them.
On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 05:28  PM, Anti wrote:

more an issue with apache than freebsd i think... perhaps mod_dosevasive
(http://www.networkdweebs.com/stuff/security.html) could be of use?

`Anti`

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:53:23 -0500 (EST)
"Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sigh. I have had my website for well over a few years now. I am very upset
with the internet and where it is going due to the fact that their is so
many children on it whose parents dont know how to do their jobs and they
allow their children to perform dos attacks and god only knows what else
on daddys fast connection. The internet falls the perfect place for every
child/grownup who was/is pushed around in school, the unpopular kids no
one likes, the fat kid in class and the guys that cant even get laid to go
online and be "the man" behind the monitor. It is the only place they can
go and be "something in power" As lame as that is this must be how they
look at it in their sick mind. I have been dossed many times. Heres the
latest. I go to

http://www.unixhideout.com/server-status which you can also look at if it
actually loads for you.. and i see around 80-100 of these 24/7

1-0 50860 1/4/4 K 0.40 10 1134 0.0 0.00 0.00 24.67.253.203
www.unixhideout.com GET / HTTP/1.1

all from different (at least 100 ips) over and over again bringing my
server to its knees. As i said previously i have been dossed by the
nobodys many times and it usually just goes away. This has been going on
since january first. I am running IPFW with very strict rules, on FreeBSD
4.7 IPFW does me no good because i am allowing the port they are abusing
(80) due to the last DOS attack and my few hours research i have the
following options already in my rc.conf

tcp_extensions="NO"
tcp_keepalive="YES"
tcp_restrict_rst="YES"
icmp_bmcastecho="NO"
icmp_drop_redirect="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_type="custom"
firewall_quiet="NO"
firewall_logging_enable="YES"
log_in_vain="YES"

Im sure you can notice some mistakes. I try to keep the research on this
lame shit to a minumum as it does not interest me to learn how to hurt
other people. Please help me get the best out of this immature child and
continue my website which is a complete gift to FreeBSD and its community,
not that you owe me a god damn thing but you understand what i mean.. I
have dealt with this many times. As soon as my site gets big and i have a
lot of users in irc, some little jealous network comes along and destroys
what i worked on. The last time this happened my ISP shut ME off because
it took out one of their facilities.
--
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]