        I tried to use  burncd  on my  FreeBSD 6.1  system and it failed.
The command I typed is:
        burncd -t -v -f /dev/acd0  ISO9660  file-name
and I got the error message "no data format selected".  I thought the
"ISO9660" was the data format.  What is the data format?  How do I get
to burn a  CDROM ?  Probably the man page should give samples,
highlighting the data format.
        All the man page examples wrote to the default device and still
included it in the command line.  You should write to a non-default
 CDROM  device, and for at least 1 default  CDROM  device example, don't
have the device designation in the command.

% man burncd | grep 'burncd -f'
burncd -f /dev/acd0 data file1
burncd -f /dev/acd0 audio file1 file2 file3 fixate
burncd -f /dev/acd0 -d audio file1 file2
burncd -f /dev/acd0 data file1 audio file2 file3
gunzip -c file.iso.gz | burncd -f /dev/acd0 data - fixate