Instead of installing w98, install w2k into a FAT32 partition.

That way wine will have RW access to the partition and everything
should work fine.

All you have to do after you re-install is install a  boot loader..
either the standard freebsd boot loader, the w2k boot loader, or
even one that ive used before called 'smart boot manager'.

SBM was quite good. configurable from the loader screen, installs
from a dos boot disk.

google for "smart boot manager".

--Shaun

chip wiegand wrote:
I have a box running fbsd/w2k but am considering replacing w2k with
win98. There are problems with wine not being able to run apps on w2k
partition properly, or at all. I realize if I install win98 it will wipe
out my boot partition, thus making it so I can't boot into fbsd, which I
use 99% of the time.
Any suggestions on how to install win98 without wiping out the boot
partition, or how to recreate the dual-boot menu?
Thanks,
Chip