Hello List,

I have a two part question for anyone who may be able to help.

I need to search my drive for all pictures on my system and copy them to a networked system using sftp or ssh or what not. There will be duplicate names on the drive so I was hoping to have dups placed in a separate folder. Due to my for lack of a better term stupidity when I first got my camera I will probably have instances when there will be three or four duplicates. If anyone can help me out with that it would be great.

Second is there a resource online I can use to learn how to do my own shell scripting?

My goal is to find all my pictures and compare them then delete the dups that don't look that good. A daunting task as I have 20 GB of data. I bet 10 GB are dups.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Joshua Lewis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]