On Saturday 22 July 2006 17:55, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2006-07-22 16:20, Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > becuase i want to know if it supports a specific feature or not.  so
> > before i do and spend all that time, i just thought i would ask a
> > simple question or 2 to this list.
> >
> > my problem: i have 5 domains that my sendmail server recieves mail
> > for, and im starting to get spammed at [EMAIL PROTECTED] as well as
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc etc.  realistically, name1 only needs to receive
> > at domain1, and none of the others.  there are many other accounts
> > that only need to recieve at other specific domains, and not at any of
> > them.
>
> Are you using virtusertable for the domains?  Then you can use something
> like this in `/etc/mail/virtusertable':
>
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       name1
>       @domain1.com            550: User unknown
>
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       name2
>       @domain2.com            550: User unknown
>
> You don't have to replace your mailserver then :)

im actually a little proud of myself... just as this mail was comming in, i am
finishing up my testing/deployment of this exact configuration.  this was
exactly what im looking for.

of my 5 domains, i probably have 10 addresses on 1, and then the rest have
either 1 or 2.  i think for now this configuration is going to be exactly
what i am looking for, but i wonder what larger organizations who use only
sendmail, and have this sort of requirment, if this is what they do too?

cheers,
jonathan