Nikolas Britton wrote:
That would be unacceptable in my book. Whats the load on the system?
Is the 3ware 9500S in a regular PCI 33MHz/32-bit slot?
Motherboard/CPU?

The motherboard is an Intel N440BX running 2 PIII 600MHZ (feel the power). FreeBSD version is 5.4

32 bit PCI not sure if they are 33/66Mhz as I dont have the manual to hand. Now the card is in the bottom PCI slot which is the only place it would fit becuase of the 7006-2 above it and the way that the standard IDE connectors are mounted.

Would moving the top card to the bottom slot and putting the 9500S-12 in the top slot screw with FreeBSD in anyway or will it just accept the changes and keep on going? I know windows has an issue with this and wants you to reinstall drivers and such like if you move cards around.

Cheers
Richard