On 2006-07-22 10:06, Robert Davison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've received some email and read it using the simple 'mail'
> command. I use qpopper to pick up the email remotely, but it seems
> becasue I read it on the main mail server then qpopper wont pass it
> through the system.
>
> I've found the mail in my 'mbox' folder. My question is...is there
> anyway of reinstating this email so that qpopper wil send it back
> through to my mail client ?

Apparently, what has happened is that you used mail(1), but forgot to
set the 'hold' option.  This means that any email messsages you marked
as read (either manually or by reading them) have now been moved from
your default `$MAIL' folder to `$HOME/mbox'.

Now you can use mail(1) to move these back to your `$MAIL' folder
wherever that is.

% [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/giorgos$ mail -f mbox
% Mail version 8.1 6/6/93.  Type ? for help.
% "mbox": 1 message
% >   1 [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Tue Jul  4 06:17  57/2658  "Re: vmem and uma
(was Re: DTrace for Free"
% & s 1 $MAIL
% "/home/giorgos/Mailbox" [Appended]
% & x
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/giorgos$

Ranges of messages can be moved to the $MAIL folder with:

    s 1-100 $MAIL