Jonathan Horne wrote:
ive been a 3ware fan for many years now.  this pic was taken in 2001...
http://www.dfwlp.org/~jhorne/pics/computerroom/raid01.jpg
heh, you want to talk about pci placement based on fit of ide cables... lol try mine. in the end, after 5 years, im impressed mine is still chugging away, at albeit the performance numbers of yesteryear. oh, incase anyone would ask, my /dev/twed2 is a 4x120GB RRAID5 with seagate's (ST3120026A), in a dual 1ghz thats almost as old as the card.

i would love to go out and buy a new 3ware... but this one wont die!   :)

an btw to richard (and other 3ware users too), do you have the sysutils/tw_cli port installed? very useful!

No dont have the tw_cli installed. I'm a big fan of the 3DM2 web based tool and havent found anything that it cant do for me yet. I'll check out that port and report back!

Cheers
Richard