The problem is caused by bad headers that trip up pop. Pop reads the email file looking for the headers and the body of the message. If the header is not complete, pop servers give an error and quit. This usually causes users to get multiple copies of mail until the error is encountered or no pop email at all.

The only way I have found to fix this is to either use pine and delete the bad message. Pine is better at handling mal-formed headers. Or to use a webmail interface to delete the bad email.

        -Derek

At 12:18 PM 7/22/2006, Gerard Seibert wrote:
Derek Ragona wrote:

> It may be corrupted by spam. This happens when SPAM has bad headers. This
> effects all POP clients/servers.
>
>          -Derek

OK, is there any easy repair process that I can use to remedy the
situation? Second, why isn't the mail corrupted on the mail server that
I am getting this mail from? If it corrupts my mbox, then why not theirs?

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

believed to be clean.