That is pretty small.   At the bare minimum level, you might be
able to get it up and running, but not be able to do much of any
real work on it without more memory.

You didn't mention the amount of disk on the machine, but if you want
to run X (needed for a Gui) then it will take more that a couple of GB
and if you want KDE or Gnome to manage your Gui, it will take even more.

I don't remember if Pentium I will do the trick or not, but probably
will, just awfully slowly.

A P1 with 32MB should be sufficient albeit painful, but I wouldn't use
any large scale desktop/window managers (such as KDE/Gnome), I'd
probably use one of the light weights like TWM (and ION?), or maybe a
medium weight (WMaker?), and no more.

A memory upgrade is strongly recommended if possible.

-Jim Stapleton