Hi,

I've just wanted to tell you, that I've solved the problem by not letting the script run under control of the daemon tools but via a self written perl script.

Now, the problem not being able to access TTY no longer exists.

Bye,
S.Wagler

S. Wagler wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently using FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE with a bunch of jails. In one of them I need to connect to the outside world via SSH which does not work properly.

When logging in to (!) the jail via SSH, everything works properly: I can connect from "inside" the jail to the outside via SSH, but when running a script from inside the jail via cron or in my case daemontools and not being logged into that jail, I get the following error while using a SSH syntax like "ssh -T -vv ...":

read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: No such file or directory

Is there any solution for that kind of problem? "/dev/tty" is not existing at all, which I think should not a problem under FreeBSD 6.x at all.

Any solutions welcome!

Thank you very much in advance,
S. Wagler