At 2003-01-06T05:21:16Z, Alvaro Gil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I was trying to upload some stuff on my server today and I realized the
> /user partition was 100% full.  After investigating a bit I found that the
> public ftp incoming directory I had set up for some friends as full of
> directories and sub directories.

Personally, I can't think of a good reason to keep FTP (anonymous or
otherwise) around.  There's almost *never* a case where I want anonymous
visitors to upload to my side, and friends can use SFTP.  I'm starting to
prefer HTTP for distributing files, since you can use any sort of high-level
authentication you want and come up with per-file algorithms to determine
who can download what.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.