On 25/07/06 Henry Lenzi said:

> You know, for me, the little things have nothing to do with what you said.
> The little things have to do with the stuff my wife needs. Trivial
> things, like easily writing data to a CD, just like she does on her
> work with Windows, and automounting floppies for DOS formatted
> floppies. Automounting like in Linux.
> Every thing else is just fine, we ahve everything in FreeBSD that a
> desktop user needs.

That comes at a price. I've heard some reports of CD-ROMs failing on Linux due
to the HAL daemon polling it so often that it finally just dies.

There are major debates in the Linux community about the supposed
user-friendly behaviour of Gnome and KDE, and whether it's truly friendly.

Personally, I'd be happy with a button to mount my devices, instead of
automounting. Be careful whenever you say that it should work like Windows.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
direction." --Albert Einstein