hi all-

doing a clean install to 6.1, and i've decided to set up my system drives as RAID 1 now that I see that 6.1 has support for the ICH5R raid controller. My BIOS recognizes the SATA RAID 1 array correctly, but the FreeBSD installer still sees 'ad4' and 'ad6' as two separate drives. The installer has no problem with my 3ware 9500-based RAID5 array.

FWIW, ad4 and ad6 both have old installs of freebsd 5.4 on them, including bootloaders, not sure if that's causing some of the confusion here.

any thoughts?

thanks,
darren david