On Jul 25, 2006, at 11:22 PM, Anthony Agelastos wrote:

If I wait even longer, /var/log/messages adds the following:

</var/log/messages>
<snip>
Jul 25 22:52:33 dell python: hpssd [ERROR] Not found
Jul 25 22:52:33 dell python:  [ERROR] Unsupported printer model.
</var/log/messages>

I am willing to try the updated hplip (1.6.6). How do I go about doing so?

Hello,

I still cannot print to my network print server from any other computer (although it prints fine on the server itself such as a test page). If you read this and do not know how to help me, but have a similar setup working, please at least inform me; the last several posts (here, on cups.org, and on hplip.sf.net) have been unanswered.

Lately when I turn the computer on and wait, I see the following messages in /var/log/messages:

</var/log/messages>
Jul 25 22:49:20 dell python: hpssd [ERROR] Not found
Jul 25 22:49:20 dell hp: invalid ModelQueryResult: msg=modelqueryresult result-c
ode=48  prnt/hpijs/hplip_api.c 396
Jul 25 22:49:20 dell kernel: All threads purged from ugen0.1
Jul 25 22:49:20 dell kernel: All threads purged from ugen0.2
Jul 25 22:49:26 dell python: hpssd [ERROR] Not found
</var/log/messages>

When this is coupled with the errors I receive when I run hp-setup, namely

<hp-setup -a>
dell# hp-setup -a

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 0.9.11)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 2.0

Copyright (c) 2003-6 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

Using device: hp:/usb/hp_LaserJet_1160_series?serial=00CNG1R02434

Setting up device: hp:/usb/hp_LaserJet_1160_series?serial=00CNG1R02434

[ERROR]: Unsupported printer model.
</hp-setup -a>

it tells me that hplip is having issues with my printer (hp LaserJet 1160Le). According to http://hplip.sourceforge.net/ supported_devices/laser.html , my printer is supported (although I a unsure if hplip 0.9.11 had the support or if it was added in the 1.66-series). So, does anyone have any ideas? I can print on the server (and it looks fine). I test this with the CUPS web interface option of printing a test page. When I print from the other computers (Apple laptops) on my LAN, the status of the job hangs at "stopped at novalue". I have attached to this email the following files:

/var/log/cups/error_log
/var/log/messages
/etc/rc.conf
/etc/devfs.rules
/etc/make.conf
(the KERNEL config file that is running)
/usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf
/usr/local/etc/cups/printers.conf

These files should completely define the problem and the system that is running. Could somebody please assist me? Thank you for your assistance.

-Anthony Agelastos

<cupsHelp.tar.bz2>