On 7/26/06, RW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 26 July 2006 01:31, Gary Kline wrote:
>       Rats. Here's what happened whn I added the two switches to mplayer.
>       Anybody know why the streamm bmbed out??
> Connecting to server real.npr.org[63.236.6.227]:80 ...
> Cache size set to 8192 KBytes
> Connected to server: real.npr.org
> Cache fill:  7.03% (589824 bytes)    Stream EOF detected
> Cache fill:  7.08% (593920 bytes)    REAL file format detected.
> Stream description: Audio Stream
> Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio
> Core dumped ;)
>
> Exiting... (End of file)

In my experience it always does that when a stream has an ending - it doesn't
mean it's failed.

I see it when recording from the BBC's "listen again" which streams individual
programs, but not on the continuous live-streams.

For streams the redirect before playing, mplayer's playlist option as
been rather helpful in the past.  Basically, use the original url as
the playlist, then provide the dumpstream parameters and it will
automatically read the redirect.  Doesn't always work, but sometimes
does.