On 7/26/06, Joshua Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   I have a hard question to ask and I realize that there are a thousand
   answers to this question.

   I am replacing my XP system with a FreeBSD 6.1 system. I finished
   installing it last night and cvsuped. Now I need to choose a window
   manager.

I use KDE, a large part of the reason is the apps. Opera, Amarok, K3B,
Qalculate, Quanta Plus, Koffice 1.5, Kaffeine, Konsole, Kate/Kdevelop,
KPatience. I could keep going... anyways... I came to KDE in a round
about way, my general path looks something like this:

Apple IIgs --> DOS/Win3.x/Win9x/WinNT --> RadHat 5 --> SuSE --> Win2k
--> Linux --> Gnome/FreeBSD 4.7 --> XFCE/FreeBSD --> KDE/FreeBSD
5.3+/6.x.

I should also add that I regularly use Mac OS X by choice at work. I
think the best suggestion I can offer you is to try everything.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/