I am running freeBSD 6.1. I just installed an nVidia GeForce FX5200 PCI card. When I booted , both monitors echoed the boot sequence (Monitor1 a clone of Monitor0).

I downloaded and installed the current nvidia driver: NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-8762. Then I installed KDE 3.5.3. I ran nvidia-config, then startx. I got a perfect KDE desktop on Monitor0, alternating horizontal bands of color on Monitor 1.

I modified xorg.conf to Option "TwinView" and spec both monitors. Same result.

Attached please find both '/root/xorg.conf' and '/var/log/Xorg.0.log'. The log indicates that only Monitor0 is recognized, but my understanding of TwinView is that's the way it's supposed to be.

Does anyone have experience with the nVidia GeForce FX5200 PCI card who can advise me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.