In attempting to disgnose an issue, I ran into this:

        <from Xorg.log>

(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
        Module class: X.Org Server Extension
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension GLX

(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)

        Am I correct in believing this means I need to install
x11/nvidia-drivers?  And will that even work, as my video card is a
Matrox G400?

                                Robert Huff