Igor Robul wrote:

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 06:59:47AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
just try running the installation cd with the USB
device and see what happens. Make sure your setting it
up on the right drive (da0 assuming you have IDE
hardrives)
Not so good advice - flash memory has limited write count. Instead you
can look at Frenzy 1.0 and then use it as template.

http://www.frenzy.org.ua/eng/

It has versions for CD and USB.

Fair enough, but if it was a USB Hard drive then my advice should be ok correct??? I'm just wondering because one of the yaks I gotta shave is making a bootable recovery system with one of my USB hardrives. Even with a flash disk you should be ok for 10,000 writes which should be adequate to bring up a test system to play around with. Although I will admit it isn't the most reliable system waiting for the transistors to go bad.

brian