On Jul 29, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Igor Robul wrote:

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 10:50:40AM -0400, Jim Stapleton wrote:
A P1 with 32MB should be sufficient albeit painful, but I wouldn't use
any large scale desktop/window managers (such as KDE/Gnome), I'd
probably use one of the light weights like TWM (and ION?), or maybe a
medium weight (WMaker?), and no more.
I'm very sorry to say this but Pentium 1 + 32 Mb RAM will be not usable
as replacement for Windows 98 + Word 97. Just imagine running
OpenOffice.org with 32Mb of RAM :-)

I think that P1/32Mb is good example of PC on which  Win98+Word97 is
optimal as office suite :-)

Agreed. The best solution available for FreeBSD with this type of a machine would be to set it up as a low-traffic fileserver / web / print server :).
-Garrett