Only OpenSource wrote:
I am trying to learn kernel debugging and one of the approaches I have come up with is to introduce situations in the sys code by which the compiled
kernel is buggy and will panic.

Most people introducing bugs into the kernel do so by accident, rather than deliberately. Most people trying to debug the kernel use optional printf or kernel-logging statements (see PDEBUG, CF_DEBUG, VLOG, etc) controlled by things like DEBUG, WITNESS, INVARIANTS, etc.

My query is what are the typical bugs that I can introduce in say by
which the kernel would panic.

If you want to panic the kernel, just call panic("some reason") directly.

--
-Chuck