Hi,

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 23:53, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:
> Well the only problem I have is that I can't use sound
> on my machine because I found nowhere information concerning
> support for the chipset EV1938 so I don't which driver corresponds
> to this chipset or if it is not supported at all

Quick search at Creative's
(http://www.americas.creative.com/corporate/pressroom/releases/welcome.asp?ID=61),
reveals:

"Creative Labs EV1958 and EV1938
Based on Creative?s Sound Blaster Audio PCI128 and PCI64, these broadly
compatible solutions are AC97 compliant and offer support for DOS,
Windows® 95, Windows 98, Windows NT and Environmental Audio Extensions.
With 64 or 128-note polyphony, multiple reverb effects, chorus and 3-D
Positional audio algorithms, users will be impressed with the
exceptional sound quality when listening to audio-enabled applications
or playing their favorite games. They also comply with the Sound Blaster
PCI standard..,"

And the PCI 128 chipset is support with the pcm driver.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stacey