Chris T. wrote:
I'm going to set a cron job to get mail repeatedly.

I was just wondering if anyone know if it's possible to get postfix to execute a script before or after it sends mail. I'd like to schedule a special fetchmail cron job for say 5 seconds after mail is sent on an account. I'm doing a search on the subject but I obviously don't know the proper search terms yet.

And similarly can Cyrus-Imap trigger a script before and or after mail retrieval?

People normally configure their .forward file to run scripts, but if you want it fired off by the MTA like Postfix, look into integrating procmail with Postfix.

--
-Chuck