Micah writes:

>  > I `ve got a spam problem and want to run a spamfilter.
>  > There is only a problem i don`t no witch spamfilter to choose.
>  > Can anyone give me a tip of a good and simple to run spamfilter???
>
>  I'm running SpamAssassin and spamass-milter. They seem to do an
>  okay job.

        While I run (and like) this combination myself, there are at
least two caveats of which one ought to be aware:

        1) spamd (part of SpamAssassin) is written in perl.  This is
fine for a workstation, not so much for a high-volume mail server.
        2) installing spamass-milter requires rebuilding sendmail.  (I
have no idea about other MTAs.)  This usually sounds more
frightening than it is, but can still lead to complications.

                                        Robert Huff