On 7/31/06, Joseph Gleason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is it possible to reach two hosts via two interfaces that are both on
the same subnet?
My objective is to have a FreeBSD box balance outbound traffic between
two NICs, while being able to select from among many routers that
could be the default gateway and having the two NICs connect to
different switches for fault tolerance. (I would do the fault
tolerance via a watchdog script of some sort)

Take a look at pf. pf has some very powerful nat rules that should be
able to do what you want. Use a table to specify the next-hop and use
a pfctl script for your watchdog.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--