FreeBSD 6.1

The printer on my system is connected to a WinXP machine. I installed apsfilter to configure the print setup. Everything appears to be working and I can print to the printer from within apsfilter.

However, when I attempt to print either from the command line or from within KDE, I receive this error message:

lpr: Error - scheduler not responding!

I cannot find out what is causing it. I even did a reboot but the message continues. I Googled for a solution but they all seemed to involve cups and I do not want to install that if not necessary. I had another machine configured similar to this but using FBSD 5.4 that worked just fine.

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It is exactly because a man cannot do a