Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Aug 02), Scott Oertel said:
Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Aug 02), Scott Oertel said:
Yesterday after an fsck a file was placed in the lost+found folder
which size was exactly the size of the drive (450gb). What is the
safest way to remove this file?
If its timestamp updates when you touch a file on the main
filesystem, it's most likely a snapshot file, either leftover from a
failed background fsck, or manually created by you with mksnap_ffs. You can just delete it.
The time stamp doesn't update, it gives an error: touch: #00000005:
Operation not permitted

I mean touch some other file :)

But I just remembered the correct way to determine if a file is a
snapshot: "ls -lo".  If the flags field contains the word "snapshot"
for that file, it's a snapshot.

Good call, yeah.. it is a snap shot file, I suppose I'll try and remove it, hopefully removing a 450GB file doesn't lock up the system..
# ls -lo
-r-------- 1 root operator snapshot 482801995408 Jul 31 05:52 #00000005

Thanks,
Scott Oertel