On Aug 2, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Jerry McAllister wrote:

Two LCD screens. Both have the same resolution (1280x1024)
The 19" is $100 more expensive as the 17"
What would to your opinions be the right thing to do.
Go for the 17" or the larger (but probably a little less crystal sharp)
19" one. I'm not that rich. Probably my doubts are rooted in this;-)
Thanks for any advice.

If the quality is good, go for the bigger one.
Then you can set back a little instead of hunching
forward to see the little stuff.   The sharpness will
be so much better than an old CRT that the tiny difference
in sharpness will not be meaningful.

It all depends on your eyes :-)

I don't know what the costs are in Holland but you may want to see if you can find a 19" widescreen (1440x900) screen... I just got one from "Hanns-G" for $180 and it is quite nice and in the same ballpark as standard 19" but with more "usable" space.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider