Hi all,
Just wondering if it's possible for NIS and Kerberos 5 to work in tandem with one another, such that NIS would handle groups and configuration file management and Kerberos would handle authentication only. Also, is this sort of overkill perhaps, where NIS is not really needed? I basically have 3+ machines (2 desktops, 1 laptop, currently), and I want to keep my credentials and information uniform across the machines as much as possible. The network I would be implementing this on is a low-traffic, private network.
   Thanks,
-Garrett