On Friday 04 August 2006 15:28, Chris Whitehouse wrote:
> pete wright wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I've got a portmanager question.  I've been using it for quite some
> > time on various systems with great success - until today when i
> > ctl+c'd in the wrong terminal and broke an upgrade that was going on.
> > Now when i try to re-run portmanger to get a list of out of date ports
> > I am getting this:
> >
> > <snip>
> > 00109 ----:p5-Math-BigInt-1.77                 /math/p5-Math-BigInt
> >            MISSING
> > 00110 ----:p5-Socket6-0.19                     /net/p5-Socket6
> >            MISSING
> > 00111 ----:p5-Email-Address-1.86               /mail/p5-Email-Address
> >            MISSING
> > 00112 ----:lzo2-2.02_1                         /archivers/lzo2
> >            MISSING
> > </snip>
> >
> > I've tried various portmanager upgrade attempts (using -u/-f/ and -p)
> > and all seem to fail with similar messages as this:
> >

> > skipping p5-Math-BigInt-1.77 /math/p5-Math-BigInt marked IGNORE
> > reason: looping, 3rd attempt at make
> > skipping p5-Socket6-0.19 /net/p5-Socket6 marked IGNORE reason:
> > looping, 3rd attempt at make
> > skipping p5-Email-Address-1.86 /mail/p5-Email-Address marked IGNORE
> > reason: looping, 3rd attempt at make
> > skipping lzo2-2.02_1 /archivers/lzo2 marked IGNORE reason: looping,
> > 3rd attempt at make
> >

> > soo...my question is, is there a way to reset the "state" of  what
> > portmanger things is installed (and what rev's etc...).  i am not even
> > sure if portmanger does this, although i am familiar with rebuilding
> > the pkgdb after i messed up when using portupgrade ;)
> >
> > thanks for any pointers/help!
> >
> > -pete
>
> You could try deleting or editing ignore.db. Mine's in
> /usr/local/share/portmanager/. Also check
> /usr/local/etc/portmanager/pm-020.conf.
>
> Does make run ok inside each ports directory? Just so you know nothing's
> really broken. Maybe delete any work directory before and after.
>
> There is a note in the man page about not interrupting it at some
> critical stage.
>
> Chris

I use portmanager all the time and virtually never have a problem. I would
suggest that you try the following to see if you can pin down what the
problem is.

Run 'portsclean -C -D -L' to clean out any left over work directories and
obsolete libraries.

Then create a script of what actually happened when portmanager ran. This what
I do:

        script -ak /PATH-TO-LOG/pm-update.log portmanager -u -l

That will create a log file in the path you specify. If the same problem
happens again, you could forward both that file and the one created by
portmanager to the developer.

Ciao!

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

QOTD:
        "I'll listen to reason when it comes out on CD."