On Friday 04 August 2006 15:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I reinstalled FBSD6.1 release on a machine that had been previously
> running 6.0 release.  I had been using CUPS 1.1x and printing was
> working fine.  However, I just reinstalled CUPS 1.2.0 and now
> printing is broken. The problem I have is the following:
>
> I can get to the main admin page, but when I click on the add printer
> button it goes to a blank page.  The same thing happens no matter
> what link I click on, they all go to a blank page.
>
> Has anything changed as far as configuration in the new version?  In
> the old version I would choose HPJetdirect, and give it the ip
> address.  Now I cannot even do that.  Any suggestions are
> appreciated.

That's one problem I never had. Make sure cups 1.1 is completely
uninstalled. Stop cupsd daemon. Remove anything left over
in /usr/local/etc/cups. Make sure there is
no /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh script. Install cups 1.2. Then make sure
the cupsd daemon is started again (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupd start).

--
David Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>