Micah wrote:
Chris Whitehouse wrote:
Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Chris Whitehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Searching for portmanager in the online man pages doesn't get
anything. Should it?

Sure.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=portmanager&manpath=FreeBSD+Ports+6.1-RELEASE

So it does, but a search for portmanager from http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi doesn't get anything, at least in my browser. The message returned is

Sorry, no data found for `portmanager'.

and the URL is now
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=portmanager&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.1-RELEASE&format=html

which curiously contains 'apropos'. I double checked and I did have the Man radio button selected.

Doing the same thing with apropos selected gets the same message and the URL is http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=portmanager&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.1-RELEASE&apropos=1&format=html

Also it is not listed in the Section 1 section index.

Am I just looking in the wrong place?

6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Tue May 30 10:47:21 BST 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1

Chris

In the right hand drop-down, where it says FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE (or something similar) select FreeBSD Ports 6.1-RELEASE.

HTH,
Micah

Ahh thank you! Actually that's a pretty amazing selection in that drop down list.

Chris