On Mon, Aug 07, 2006, at 00:42:27 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I've now committed v2.0 of the 300.statistics periodic script ...
> this one adds the device reporting that we'd talked about previously,
> and the summary reports now reflect the driver(s) in use for those
> deciding to report ...

Great project idea, and glad to see it's growing :). Every time I
refresh the page to check a host I add, I see several more since the
last refresh just a few minutes before. The new percentage display added
in the last few minutes is nice too.

I haven't followed the whole thread so I'm not sure if this has been
suggested yet or not, but my idea would be to make another table
of just the major releases. Like an easy view on who's running
6.1-RELEASE regardless of patch numbers, or 5.5-RELEASE, or
4.11-RELEASE, just so people can get a quick idea on who's running
which releases without having to look through every one including
patch levels (kind of a quick summary). Or maybe even numbers and
percentages for "4.x", vs "5.x", vs "6.x", etc, and another table for
"i386", "amd64", "sparc64", etc, so companies providing drivers or
closed source binaries can quickly see the numbers for those.

Just an idea :)

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)

GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc