Gerard Seibert wrote:
FreeBSD 6.1 STABLE

I have SASL and Postfix installed and for the most part they seem to
work all right together. However, there is one small problem.

When attempting to send a message from one of the PC's on the network,
actually any PC on the network except for the one with Postfix installed
on it, this error message is inserted into the maillog file.

Aug  8 10:11:32 scorpio postfix/smtpd[1310]: connect from
boss.seibercom.net[192.168.0.4]
Aug  8 10:11:32 scorpio postfix/smtpd[1310]: warning: SASL authentication
failure: no user in db
Aug  8 10:11:32 scorpio postfix/smtpd[1310]: 859B9BD6C:
client=boss.seibercom.net[192.168.0.4], sasl_method=LOGIN, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All of the users are authenticated. Exactly what is it referring to and how do
I correct it? The mail does get relayed however, so it is not a fatal warning.

Sasl is attempting to use sasldb2 *before* it uses /etc/passwd (or pam, as the case may be.) It's harmless in any case. What do you have in the smtpd.conf file? (/usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf)

--
Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer