Am 09.08.2006 um 05:48 schrieb Viswas Nair:

I have FBSD 6 and Win XP on my machine. I would like to remove the boot menu options that I get and set BSD to open default. How do I go about doing this ? I intend to use Win XP very rarely and hence would want to manually update
the config files needed if I need to go to Win XP.

Just install the standard mbr using fdisk(8):

# fdisk -B ad0

Make sure that your FreeBSD slice is the only active slice, also using fdisk.

If you want to go back to FreeBSD's boot0, use boot0cfg(8):

# boot0cfg -B

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Fon +49 170 346 0140