Hello,
I am working on connecting to my isp through a modem on freebsd. I am really
close to getting it working. I can manually logon like this

ppp ON TRINITY> set device /dev/cuaa0   #com1
ppp ON TRINITY> set speed 115200
ppp ON TRINITY> show physical
ppp ON TRINITY> term
at
atdt1111111234

i then get a login prompt where i can enter my username and password.
then i am connected to my ISP.

Now i would like to automate this process...

here is what i put into my '/etc/ppp/ppp.conf'

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \
           \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDP\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set timeout 180
 enable dns

interactive:
 set phone 1111111111
 set authname <username>
 set authkey <password>
 set openmode active
 accept chap

at the prompt i type:
>ppp -auto interactive

The modem dials the number but beyond that i there is no connection to the
isp.
does anyone have any suggestions to help me figure out why i can't get
connected?

thanks,

brian