On 8/10/06, Bob Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yeah.... I noticed that. If I become root, and chown the mounted floppy to
bob:bob, then on all subsequent mounts of that particular media bob has
write
access; but ONLY after root intervention.

What this means however, is that I can NOT set up a work-station where the
user has no root access, and expect that user to effectively use the
floppy
drive. What a pain! The user can format, mount, and read; but until the
media
is choned to her/him, by root,  they can't write.  I didn't have this
problem
with Linux.

What about chowning the permissions on /dev/fd0 to be root:floppyusers,
add a group floppyusers to /etc/group and make bob a member of that group.
Chmod 664 /dev/fd0

See if that works.

Unfortunately I don't have any machines with floppy drives to test with.