Awesome....thanx for your help... i have one other one for ya ...if your
up to it ..
for whatever reason ...a file that was in the /tmp dir is missing its a
file that mysql used called "mysql.sock="   it had permissions like
srwxrwxrwx  mysql wheel    mysql.sock=

any thoughts ??
Im sure i need this for mysql to work...i would hate to have to reinstall
mysql,,,Thanx again for you help,
Brent