On 8/10/06, beno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi;
I'm configuring my IP filter and I need to figure out what IP addresses
I use (via SSH2) to contact my server. However, my ISP is DirecWay
bouncing off a satellite. I've got a sample IP address from
/var/log/messages and I'm sure over time I could collect a truckload,
but I'd still miss some. Is there someplace on the Web that has those
ranges of IP addresses posted that the big companies use?
TIA,
beno

Hi,
In Europe  there is ripe.net. Try do this command:

# whois -h whois.ripe.net one.of.your.ips

Rgds,
Andreas