On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Daniel Gerzo wrote:

Hello Garance,

At 11:49 AM -0500 8/11/06, Paul Schmehl wrote:

I know we are used to dealing in internet-time, where
things happen instantly, but there could be many reasons
that the host count is only 1612.  Reasons that have
nothing to do with the specific outcome of how these
security issues are handled.

I am certainly all for the improvements people have
been talking about.  I'm just saying that even if you
make all those improvements, you're probably going to
have to wait a few weeks before we see any significant
number of hosts show up.  That's just the way it is.

It would be nice to see this in base system, that would help to raise
this number enourmously.  And surely it would be nice to see it
somewhere under the freebsd.org domain.

Actually, I've registered bsdstats.org for this ... I've been talking to various ppl from the other *BSDs about getting them involved as well, so went with the more 'neutral' domain instead of making this "FreeBSD Only" ... we share alot between us as it is, sharing "marketing power" is a good thing ...

----