On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Girish Venkatachalam wrote:

Hello Girish!

--- "P.U.Kruppa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

for some time now my system clock really goes wrong
(some hours
per day). Is there some simple way to find out if
this is caused
by a hardware or software problem?
By "simple" I mean without installing a different OS
or buying a
new computer?
My God! Buying a new computer is a simple solution?
:-)

I think for a few Euro cents or DM you can simply buy
yourself a new CMOS battery and you should be set.
Wouldn't there be a complaint about low battery or something during boot up?

You have not given enough details about your problem.
I can't: it's just my clock going wrong.

Did you try installed ntp?
Yes, it doesn't help. ntpdate will set the clock correctly at boot time but soon afterwards it's all bad again.

Uli.