On Aug 12, 2006, at 7:26 AM, Martin Tournoij wrote:

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:13:49 +0200, Andreas Davour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Daniel Gerzo wrote:

Hello Chris,

Saturday, August 12, 2006, 3:48:28 AM, you wrote:

Lastly surely someone has implemented a trash folder mechanism for
freebsd... what is it called so I can look up how to install it?

maybe something like:

mkdir ~/.trash
alias rm     'mv -iv \!* ~/.trash/'

You don't have a handy solution for the lack of file version numbering as well?
That's something I'd love to see in ext4 or UFS3!

/andreas

Snapshots?

Isn't a snapshot a filesystem wide thing? Sounds to complicated for file-level versioning without something on top of it like the new Apple Time Machine business

I agree it would be nice to have file versioning in the FS like VMS does.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider