On Sunday, 13 August 2006 at  7:38:58 +0000, S.Mohideen wrote:
> All,
>    What tools your people use apart from CTAGS/cscope to navigate vast
> source code base. Im using ctags in gvim. Want to know any better tool
> which you may be using.

There's not really much choice.  I'm currently playing with GNU global
(http://www.gnu.org/software/global/, available in
/usr/ports/devel/global), which so far seems to be a little better
than etags; I don't use ctags.

http://www.lemis.com/grog/software/source-code-navigation.html has
some somewhat out-of-date info on the subject.

Greg