Hi Greg,
May be a foolish question to ask. What editor gvim/emacs plays well with global based upon your experience.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

On Sunday, 13 August 2006 at  7:38:58 +0000, S.Mohideen wrote:
All,
  What tools your people use apart from CTAGS/cscope to navigate vast
source code base. Im using ctags in gvim. Want to know any better tool
which you may be using.

There's not really much choice.  I'm currently playing with GNU global
(http://www.gnu.org/software/global/, available in
/usr/ports/devel/global), which so far seems to be a little better
than etags; I don't use ctags.

http://www.lemis.com/grog/software/source-code-navigation.html has
some somewhat out-of-date info on the subject.

Greg