On 8/13/06, gahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi:

I am using a customized kernel and it works fine. But
at the same time I am wondering whether there is a
quick way to fall back to the original kerenel.

If you compiled your own kernel you should have, at the very least, a
/boot/kernel.old file; and I think also a kernel.default. If you break
to the loader prompt during boot you can boot one of those kernels.
And, although I've never tried it, you sholud be able to `cp
/boot/kernel.old /boot/kernel` to restore the previous kernel.>

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--