Hi all,

I hope someone can answer the following question for me (which may be trivial).

In my fall-back server I use an Adaptec 2100S SCSI RAID controller, with two (identical) drives attached to it. This morning I recieved the dreaded phonecall (from the server farm) that that machine is emitting a loud beep,which I remember to be the RAID controller's alarm in case a drive has failed.

Now, the above is clear and all, and I will replace the broken drive asap, so no question there.

However, I am about to go on a 3 week holiday to South America, and as I'll then be on an entirely different continent, I was wondering if there are any ways to remotely check the status of hardware RAID arrays. :D

In this case I tried dmesg (and checking the /var/log/messages file) and I couldn't find a single error message from the RAID controller (which can be deemed 'desirable' behaviour, as one of the two drives still works fine).

Are there any software tools for FreeBSD that can be used to check this remotely from an SSH terminal (no X), or better yet, is there support in FreeBSD itself for checking the status of hardware RAID arrays?

Tnx in advance, and cheers!
Olafo

PS: I am wondering about the same question for the 3ware 9600 SATA RAID controller too. It would be great to be able to monitor that remotely as well.